Friday 22 October 2010

Crochet and my favourite tree

The big tree outside the lounge window is leafing up. I don't know what kind of tree it is but it's my favourite - it has small and slender bright green leaves in summer, which change to a glorious yellow in autumn and then drop off, just when the sun is getting low enough to shine through the window again. It shelters rhododendrons at its feet and the bird feeder in its branches. All in all a very considerate tree.

Here's what I've been working on at night lately. These little granny squares are quick and easy to make. I can even get through two on a good night, if I haven't spent too long wandering in the garden (as my wind-down after work) or wandering in blogland.

The pattern is called Summer Garden Granny Square, from Attic24.

They are all ready to be sewed together into something pretty... anyone want to guess what it is? Hint... not a blanket!

I'm so glad it's the weekend, I'm really looking forward to some quality pottering time in the garden, and hopefully getting this crochet project close to being finished. I'll share pictures as soon as it's done. What have you got planned for this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    I don't know maybe you will sew them into a scarf.
    I think your window vista is lovely, it looks like a relaxing spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe a cushion? I have no imagination for such things but they are lovely squares. Trees play such a big part in our lives, among other things, time-keeping as they mark the progress in the year. We have a tree here that flowers and seeds, which are dropping now and only then do the leaves appear. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...