Saturday 18 February 2012

Crochet in the summertime

Edit Feb 2014: I've finally finished the blanket! You can get all the details here.

 I've been working on my Summertime Patchwork Quilt Blanket. It still works up as fast as ever, but it seems that the bigger it gets the slower it grows! It's somewhere between a third and a half of what I want the finished size to be, and as I continue to sew the little hexies on it seems that it will never get there.

 I've nearly run out of the ginger coloured yarn, and since it was stash yarn I've been unable to find any more the same. So I'll try blending a couple of strands of thin cotton, it won't be the same but hopefully won't look too out of place.

Here it is so far, about a third or so done. I'm thinking a thin white border to finish, possibly with picots on the pointed corners. And maybe some half round hexies to fill in the obvious gaps down the side? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. What a great skill, your crochet is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...