Friday 13 July 2012

Forcing it




In an attempt to make spring come early, I am forcing nature to bend to my will. I want spring flowers and I want them now! These hyacinth and crocus bulbs were chilled in the fridge and then potted up about six weeks ago. Now they are slowly unfurling.

I am very much enjoying this arrangement on the hall table. It may be too early to be thinking spring, but it lifts my heart whenever I walk in and see it. I can't wait till I have the sweet hyacinth scent to lift me even further.

2 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with your spring flowers!They look very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm very happy with them... must make a note in my diary so I don't forget for next year!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...