Friday 15 March 2013

March flowers

Late summer in the garden... the time when summer flowers begin to fade but autumn's splendour hasn't yet set in. It's hard to find flowers to photograph that haven't been around for months, so here we have more roses and carnations and echinacea. I did find my little patch of autumn cyclamens in full bloom amongst the violets, and the NZ cranberry (Chilean guava) bush is covered in sweet red berries which smell as good as any flower. Here in New Zealand the hot dry summer continues, with drought conditions being declared over most of the country. In Canterbury we've been lucky and though it's been dry, we aren't yet in a state of drought. Still we are all crossing our fingers for rain.

How are things in your garden this season? I'm linking up to Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day as usual.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word, if only we were in summer and my garden had such splendid blooms as that.
    I especially love the Roses as the Rose is my all time favourite plant but I love your indoor displays too.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I love roses too. They are starting to fade now and I'll miss them. This is always the time of year when I start thinking I need to get more roses in my garden for next season!

      Delete
  2. Hope you get ample rain. Your blooms are so pretty. Happy Bloom Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been having a bit of an Indian summer lately which is really great, but not good rainwise! Hopefully it will come soon. Just some gentle rain, I'm not ready for a winter storm yet!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty!
    I love cyclamen, but our winters are too cold for it here. I have cats in the house, so I can't grow it as a houseplant either.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyclamen is my favourite winter plant! I have it all round the house too. Luckily my cat ignores it!

      Delete
  4. It is the first day of spring here in USA midwest, and it is 21 degrees! Snow is predicted for the weekend. lol...I enjoy stopping by on occassion to admire your garden on days like this when I wonder if we will ever see a 40 degree day!:-) I really like your collage display of flowers, it makes me smile on a day like today. Very pretty indeed..robbie:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy spring! I hope the weather adjusts itself to match the season soon. I'll be looking forward to seeing the spring bulbs on your blog soon!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...