Sunday 2 February 2014

Picking roses in the summertime




 One of my favourite things to do on a weekend day is go around with my trug and secateurs, picking flowers. What's in bloom today? Some beautiful roses. Snip, snip. The last three stems of gladioli. Snip, snip, snip. Gorgeous maroon penstemon, snip! Then later I find my big glass vase and spend some happy time arranging the stems. No help from a book this time - they seem to stay where I want them to.

A big, in your face, summertime arrangement.

These are my Queen Elizabeth roses. The apples are thinnings from the Baujade tree, and this is camomile and apple tea. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those images makes me long for spring and summer! Wonderful!
    Have a great week!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my quintessential summer flower colour combination... pink, white and maroon! Love it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...