Thursday 2 July 2015

Snapshots from June

 Well, June passed by in a blur! I've spent a lot of time indoors and it's been kind of nice to have a break from the garden. Of course on sunny days I still like to go out and see what's changed, but it's almost nothing at this time of year so I haven't felt too guilty about my little break. I have started a new crochet project and I'm loving every minute of it, from choosing the colours to designing the squares to planning the finished project. These pastel squares were my first colour swatches.

My workmate gave me macarons as thanks for helping her with a project. I enjoyed them for afternoon tea one day... after instagramming them first like any good blogger would!

 A basket of colourful possibilities. And part of my winter book stack which had to be returned to the library. We Were Liars was very good and I also liked Shine.

 I made some little ikebana arrangements. This one has azalea branches and a sprig of camellia. And here are some little crochet circles, purple and green, like pansies and cyclamen leaves.

 Mr Lui approved of my swatch! He sleeps on the couch which gets the late afternoon sun. The low light shining through the tree branches casts interesting shadows on the wall, especially when the bird feeder is full and there are fluttering shapes darting everywhere.

I'll end this post with a sunset pic, they have been especially beautiful lately. We've also had some cold nights, frosty mornings and wet mornings. Despite that, winter hasn't been so bad... I'd actually go so far as to say I've been enjoying it!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the crochet colour palette Ruth

    chelsea.flowers@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, definitely my favourite to date :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Ruth, Love your blog and feel like we are kindred spirits, I am a florist and garden lover who crochets, cooks, bakes and loves crafts and upcycling furniture. Love your garden and would love to chat some time. Check out my facebook Chelsea Flowers Boutique Florist love to see what you think. Or email me please

      Delete
    3. Thanks Megan, always nice to meet someone with similar interests! Thanks for your comments and kind words, I will be sure to check your page out.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...