Sunday 20 September 2015

Styling the Seasons - September 2015

Welcome to my September post for Styling the Seasons! September is the first month of spring so of course I had to do something light, bright and flowery. I foraged through the garden for the early bloomers - anemones, pansies, geraniums and hyacinths - and set up this display in my hall. 

The heady scent from hyacinths and these earlycheer daffodils fills the space and drifts into adjoining rooms. I have lots of daffs and hyacinths in my garden this year so I'll be able to replenish the vases quite a few times! Also rampant in my garden is this cute little geranium which makes a great filler.


I found this silver tray recently at an op shop. It looks perfect with a mismatched collection of glass bottles and vases placed on its shiny surface. In order to ground the display and extend it's proportions to the width of the table, I placed some doilies underneath. If you've read my blog before you'll know that there is always a place for a crochet doily in this house!

Love this sweet little pansy face.

I'm loving the uplifting beauty of this display. Have you made any changes this month for the beginning of spring/autumn?

Styling the Seasons is a monthly styling challenge hosted by Katy at Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots. Find out more by searching the hashtag #stylingtheseasons on social media.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the start of Spring and these flowers and colours immediately remind me of what I think is my favourite season (although I seem to change my mind a lot!). We are heading into Autumn so this beautiful display is so light and refreshing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! The start of a new season is always the best :) Although the weather hasn't switched from winter mode yet, so these flowers are definitely cheering me up on that front!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...