Friday 15 January 2016

January flowers

Welcome to January in my flower garden! I've still got a lovely selection of summer flowers which I'm pleased about, as sometimes in previous years I'm in a bit of a dull patch about now. I planted some lily bulbs last autumn and a couple of them are flowering, and the roses are still mostly doing well. The poppies are moving into the pretty seed head phase and the dahlias are starting to open.

Above, clockwise from top left: one of the new lilies (scented, and pink, double yay); lavatera; astrantia; cupcake dahlia; hollyhock; carnation; sweet pea; Christmas lilies; poppy seed head; dierama (grown from seed which I thought was pink but it's come out more red sadly); lacecap hydrangea; pelargonium. Centre: Claire Rose makes a beautiful statement in a vase.

I'm joining in with Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day where gardeners from all around the world share what is blooming in their gardens.

10 comments:

  1. Your blooms are all beautiful! Your lacecap hydrangea is especially lovely, nice color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice! The hydrangea was blue when I got it but it has gotten pinker every year (which I enjoy!) I plan to put down some blueing solution this winter to start the process over again :)

      Delete
  2. Here in wintery Indiana, it's a treat to see so many lovely blooms. The sweet pea is particularly nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I have really enjoyed my sweet peas this year. They are so nice for picking!

      Delete
  3. Lovely pink collage of blooms. It's nice to see on a cold, rainy day in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I hope all that lovely rain is soaking into your garden and getting it ready for spring!

      Delete
  4. So nice to see summer blooms. Winter and tiredness here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I get tired of winter too. It's always nice to have summery photos to look at, to remind us that it will actually happen again!

      Delete
  5. Such fabulous blooms so beautifully presented. Just what the doctor ordered on a frosty January morn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Frosty mornings are beautiful too, if a little hard on fingers and noses! And at least you usually get a sunny day to follow :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...